Monday 27 June 2011

Proun server back online!

Well, that's it, basically! I found a new host and now the Proun server is back online. This one is a lot more expensive and a lot more scalable, so I can only hope it is going to survive the large amounts of traffic Proun is getting! I know too little about hosting to really be sure, but people who do know stuff advised this one to me.

Right now just over one score per second is being submitted to the highscore server, so lets see what happens if that increases!

7 comments:

  1. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really admire your work and releasing a great game for free is terrific but i worry that you won't be able to afford to pay for expensive server hosting for a free game :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://youtu.be/vZElWj8UB9I This is why your server suddenly got so many hits. The famous Cynical Brit AKA: Total Biscuit, did a review of your game. Shortly after it went up, the site went down. He highly recommended people pay for your game. Which I did. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice concept. I think this can have great impact on the gaming world. Hope for the best and I wish you all the best for your future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why does the highscores reset after a while? The top score at the world list is about three seconds slower than my best, which was on the list yesterday but is no longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been having some server load problems that I had to resolve by resetting the highscores (so that the database is smaller and thus faster). This should have been the last reset, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really admire your work and releasing a great game..All the best for your future.

    ReplyDelete